Adult Counseling Services
“To support community integration and recovery from mental health challenges by providing evidence-based, person centered, and culturally competent counseling services.”
Psychiatric Social Workers provide counseling services to individuals, couples, families, and groups, using a holistic and wellness approach which highlights and encourages client’s strengths. They apply psychological theories, ethical principles, and counseling interventions and psychotherapy to develop goals and objectives for treatment planning aimedtoward the prevention, treatment, and resolution of mental and emotional problems and intra or interpersonal difficulties. The Adult Counseling Services includes, but is not limited to, the assessment, diagnosis, and non-medical treatment of mental and emotional disorders, the application of psychoeducational techniques and measures aimed at the prevention of such disorders, and consultation to individuals, couples, families, groups organizations and communities.
Scope of services:
• Conduct mental health assessments to evaluate, assess, diagnose and treat undesired behavior
• Develop individualized treatment plans
• Provide individual, couples, family, and group therapy sessions
• Make treatment referrals and consultations with clinical team
• Provide supervisory training for practicum students and interns
• Participate in Mental Health Court hearings and court staffing
• Facilitate presentations, attend trainings, workshops, and conferences, and hold membership in a professional organization within the community• Collaborates with government agencies and private sector agencies
All records are kept strictly confidential and information is shared only with a person’s permission.
Exceptions to confidentiality are rare and may include instances wherein a person poses a threat to himself or herself, or the safety of others, or when it is ordered by the court.